SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY DOWNLOAD FULL RULES
Students K-12 in Miami-Dade and Broward County will have the chance to participate in the 2020 Orange Bowl Creative Art Contest, which focuses on a different theme every year. All students K-12 in Miami-Dade and Broward County are eligible to submit artwork and have the opportunity to win one of 14 prizes.
In order to adhere to physical distancing protocols and guidelines, this year’s contest entries must be submitted digitally. Students, parents and/or teachers must take a photo of the completed artwork and submit above on this page.
The Orange Bowl has sent contest rules and instructions directly to all schools in South Florida, so before entering this contest on your own, check with your teachers first to see if your class is submitting artwork together.
2020 CONTEST THEME
“LOVE & UNITY IN THE COMMUNITY”
· Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
· 3rd Grade – 5th Grade
· 6th Grade – 8th Grade
· 9th Grade – 12th Grade
Artwork will be reviewed by a panel of Orange Bowl staff and committee members.
· Must be original work
· Show good use of design
· The theme should be represented in the poster
· Utilize medium or media that will not smear
· Maximum Size 18’’ x 24’’
· Entry form must be submitted digitally with artwork
· Posters should include: South Florida, OBIE, college football and the 2020 theme
· All entries must be submitted by Friday, December 4th at 5:00 P.M. EST
· Grand Overall Winner (one winner):
o $500 Nike gift card and a Custom Orange Bowl Bike
o Two (2) tickets to the Capital One Orange Bowl on January 2, 2021
· First Place (four winners; one per division): $200 Nike Gift Card
· Second Place (four winners; one per division): $100 Nike Gift Card
· Third Place (four winners; one per division): $50 Nike Gift Card
· Teacher that submits the most entries: A $500 DonorsChoose Gift Card
The Grand Prize winner’s artwork will be featured as a full page acknowledgement in the 87th Capital One Orange Bowl game program and will be recognized on the video board during the game.
· STEP 1: Review rules and guidelines
· STEP 2: Draw your artwork
· STEP 3: Take a photo of your artwork
o Pictures should be of JUST the artwork.
o Fit the art to the frame as best as possible.
o Make sure the artwork is in good lighting.
· STEP 4: Fill out the entry form and submit your artwork digitally here.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
The Orange Bowl will select four (4) entries to be posted on Orange Bowl social media to be voted on. The one (1) entry that receives the most ‘likes’ will receive an Orange Bowl swag bag.
· Early October – Contest information will be sent to schools/art teachers
· October 13 – Contest officially begins
· December 4 – Deadline to submit entries
· December 14 – People’s Choice Award
· December 17 – Winners will be announced and contacted
· January 2 – Grand prize winner will receive special recognition at the 87th Capital One Orange Bowl
If you have any questions about the 2020 Creative Art Contest, contact Patrick Hopkins at (305) 341-4722 or email@example.com.
Grand Prize Winner
Sophia Nesselroth, Cooper City High School
K-2 Grade Winners
1st place: Hailie Martinez, Norma Butler Bossard Elementary
2nd place: Miguel Portogues, Norma Butler Bossard Elementary
3rd place: Isabella Hernandez, Miami Heights Elementary
3-5 Grade Winners
1st place: Mason Rodriguez, Pembroke Lakes Elementary
2nd place: Lucas Acosta, Montessori Children’s House of Miami Lakes
3rd place: D’Angelo Lacoste, ACE Academy South
6-8 Grade Winners
1st place: Elizabeth Yap, Everglades Preparatory Academy
2nd place: Gabriela Acosta, Ruben Dario Middle
3rd place: Alysha Batres, Ruben Dario Middle School
9-12 Grade Winners
1st place: Bryan Leal, Florida Christian School
2nd place: Nelly Orti, Booker T. Washington
3rd place: Kaleb Coelh, Palm Glades Preparatory Academy
Teacher Who Submitted the Most Entries
Jennifer Goss, Art Teacher, Falcon Cove Middle School
People's Choice Award
Nichole Caballero, Ruben Dario Middle, 6th-8th grade
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY